Now that we are back from our tea-break, we shall proceed to re-organize the ideas that we have captured. Knowledge is about understanding the relationships or associations between and among the ideas.
Types of Relationships/Associations Between Ideas/Concepts
- Definition - Is a
- Description & Attributes
- a descriptive statement
- the other attributes
- it is good to show the similar and contrasting ideas.
- Classification - Hierarchical or Family Tree
- Go from Broader to Narrower concepts
- Go from Parent to Child concepts
- System & Its Components or the Whole-Parts.
- Cause and Effect.
- Event like a Meeting or an Incident - Using 5W1H.
Questions on Classification:
- Which concept is the parent or broader concept?
- Which concepts are the finer or child concept?
- If two concepts are on the same level, can you come out with a higher concept that contain both?
- Can you classify the concepts by time sequence? Which concepts come before or after which others?
- Which concepts are past, present and future?
Don't worry at this point about the beauty of the mind-map. We can do that later. Think more about how concepts are related.
When you feel you have done a good job of classifying the subject of study then we can go the next step of beatifying the mind-map.
Next: Beautifying Your Maps to Create Gestalt - Ease of Understanding.